Function ibgSYMBOL_INFO

IBPlugin is further development of TWSLink.It is focused for the useage with MetaTrader. But as it is a DLL, you can use it everywhere on Windows which supports DLL, e.g. in Trade Station or C++ applications or make wrapper for Perl, Python etc.

Users who just registered, please write an email to
forum@trade-commander.de
with your username mentioned.
So we can distinguish you from bots.
Thank you
Tuco

Function ibgSYMBOL_INFO

Post by Tuco »

Hello,

I feel the documentation related to the function ibgSYMBOL_INFO is not correct:

In order to get a returned value, must be entered ibgSYMBOL_INFO (conid, Enumeration ID); Running a quick test on He(fut) I get the following:

0) Symbolroot
1)Exchange
2)currency
3)Asset Class
4)Expiration
5-6 empty values
7) conid ???
8)symbol with month year
9-10 empty values

Tuco

Re: Function ibgSYMBOL_INFO

Post by Tuco »

Hello,

Can You please let me know if we can get the last trading day for a specific futures symbol via the enumerationID of the function ibgSYMBOL_INFOl? What happened today was an order rejected even though IB still consider the FEB contract on micro gold tradable rejected with the following reason:

order rejected - reason:this order does not comply with our order handling rules for derivatives subject to ibkr near-expiration and physical delivery risk policies.

The idea is to see if I am able to do a preventive check during the initialization in order to avoid this stupid issues caused by IB.

THX

board_admin
Site Admin

Post by board_admin »

Sorry, there is in fact a problem with the documentation,
but It seems you already figured this out.

0=underlying
1=exchange
2=currency
3=type
4=expiry <<<<<<<
5=right
6=strike
7=conid
8=symbol

Tuco

Post by Tuco »

Thank You for your answer; Are You aware of a way to detect what IB calls LONG/SHORT FUTURES LIQUIDATION?

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/i ... p=physical

That day de-facto means the last trading day for a specific contract. Unfortunately IB changes those dates quite often and It's difficult to track them. In other words rather then expiry of a contract for futures would be very handy to know in advance when the last trading day is.

board_admin
Site Admin

Post by board_admin »

Problably 40. Please give it a try.
Or just make a loop from 0-100 and check which numbers return what you are looking for.

Tuco

Post by Tuco »

I get -2147483642 - Unknown Enumeration ID with setting to 40. It seems after 10 E.ID the function doesn't retrieve any value unfortunately.

board_admin
Site Admin

Post by board_admin »

Did you map the the HE future?
In order to get information about HE, it should be known in the system.
For this, you use the Admin Tool to add HE future to the database of your configuration.
This is explained in one the plugin videos:

https://youtu.be/anCcZpmr_kQ?list=PLYD3 ... dcECuxa954