TWSLINK2 - Easylanguage

Discuss, post your questions about TWSLink here.

Users who just registered, please write an email to
forum@trade-commander.de
with your username mentioned.
So we can distinguish you from bots.
Thank you
alcoach

TWSLINK2 - Easylanguage

Post by alcoach »

Hi everibody,

I'm new in the forum and I would need your help in order to begin uing TWSLINK2 with TradeStation. I wonder if you can provide a very simple easylanguage strategy code to test the twslink. Something like a simple moving average crossover system able to send signals from TS to IB. I'm trying using the sample code I found without success...
Thanks in advance!

Best,

Alcoach

board_admin
Site Admin

Re: TWSLINK2 - Easylanguage

Post by board_admin »

Please download samples from this link

https://trade-commander.com/download/2155/

There should be a trade station example. TWSLink is loaded as DLL into TS.

HarrisonProgramming

Post by HarrisonProgramming »

HI Alcoach,

I wonder if you have gotten it to work? Probably the first thing to check is the IB TWS API Settings following the instruction provided by Trader-Commander.com. For example, check "Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients; match Socket Port number, e.g., 7496.

You can also try the test code attached with your simulation account. Make sure to use your simulation account ID for input myAccountID.

Your time is valuable. Consider buying some support hours to help you if needed:
https://trade-commander.com/twslink/
One hour of support can replace many hours of trial and errors on your own.

TWSLink2 has enabled me to program truly automated trading strategies/indicators to run with IB, without having to deal with the API itself. Still, I must admit, one has to invest a large number of hours to come to this point.

Harrison
HarrisonProgramming
Attachments
_TWSLINK2_EXAMPLE_TS_110_CASH.zip
(11.65 KiB) Downloaded 686 times

alcoach

Post by alcoach »

Hi Harrison,

I had put the project in the sideline and now I've just started to "play" with it. Probably I will need some support hours... stay tuned ;)