What is IBPlugin

IBPlugin is further development of TWSLink.It is focused for the useage with MetaTrader. But as it is a DLL, you can use it everywhere on Windows which supports DLL, e.g. in Trade Station or C++ applications or make wrapper for Perl, Python etc.

Users who just registered, please write an email to
forum@trade-commander.de
with your username mentioned.
So we can distinguish you from bots.
Thank you
board_admin
Site Admin

What is IBPlugin

Post by board_admin »

IBPlugin is further development of TWSLink. It is focused for the useage with MetaTrader. However, as it is a DLL, you can use it everywhere on Windows which supports DLL, e.g. Trade Station, Excel or C++ applications or make wrapper for Perl, Python etc.

In comparison to TWSLink it has a reduced interface, focusing on most important tasks. It is more advanced, allows a multi channel connection to TWS/Gatway to handle data streams in different threads, e.g. all order related data reside in a own thread, all account related data have an own thread.

It is even possible to connect to multiple TWS.

IBPlugin uses IBs latest release protocol version and it is the intention of trade-commander.com to keep IBPlugin up to date here.

Placing, changing, cancelling orders have now the option to call functions synchronously. When sync option is set, the function returns when
a definite state of the orders is available, e.g. "submitted" for pending orders or "filled" for market orders.

Contracts have now a global unique id. It is simply IBs conid for contracts. A tool installed along with IBPlugin makes it easy to add contracts and to provide unique names to address them by a number (conid) or name in your code. You can also export a contract list to a html file to have it
at your hands when you are coding and need an id for a contract.
However, it is still possible to register a contract on the fly at runtime.

The easy usage and some of IBPlugin's capabilities are demonstrated with the IB Trade Panel, an expert for MetaTrader 4/5 which
makes it pretty convenient to trade an Interactive Brokers account on MetaTrader charts, without the need to place orders for the
MetaTrader account.

IB Trade Panel has an own forum below this.

(IB Trade Panel in action: https://youtu.be/C6R2j7tQPZQ)

sectorbets2

Re: What is IBPlugin

Post by sectorbets2 »

Hey guys

Do you have any documentation yet -- even if it is incomplete. I want to compare IBPlugin to TWSLink to see if I can switch to your new code without too much trouble.

Thank you
Rick

danilocapp

Re: What is IBPlugin

Post by danilocapp »

How can we use or buy this tool? I look on the trade commander website but i didn't the installation software.