Account Historical Net Value Enquiry/Calculation by day

IBPlugin is further development of TWSLink.It is focused for the useage with MetaTrader. But as it is a DLL, you can use it everywhere on Windows which supports DLL, e.g. in Trade Station or C++ applications or make wrapper for Perl, Python etc.

Users who just registered, please write an email to
forum@trade-commander.de
with your username mentioned.
So we can distinguish you from bots.
Thank you
hkenrique

Account Historical Net Value Enquiry/Calculation by day

Post by hkenrique »

Hi sir,
Now I need to write a weekly report about my account net value on each day. Currently this is done by my logging into IB account and check the account activities -> reports ..... and mark down the number on each day.

I wonder if the IBPlugin can enquiry the account value by date?
Or there is anyway to calculate based on the data IBPlugin can retrieve?

For example, for my MT5 account, I woite a script to retrieve the historical trades within a date range and calculate the net value based on the profit+swap+commission automatically.
Can I do this with IB?

board_admin
Site Admin

Re: Account Historical Net Value Enquiry/Calculation by day

Post by board_admin »

IBPlugin records order-,account-,protfolio- and execution data in a sqlite database.
The database is located in:

Code: Select all

C:\trade-commander.com\ibplugin\<your_config>\nbr_pending_orders\api\ibdata.db
Database is not encrypted and you can use any sqlite viewer to query data.

hkenrique

Re: Account Historical Net Value Enquiry/Calculation by day

Post by hkenrique »

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
If I understand this correctly. The sqlite db records the activities that go through IBPlugin.

What I am really asking is whether I can enquiry the historical data (trades, historical net value, etc) on IB INCLUDING trades from other source, say my manual trade, which may not be recorded into sqlite.
Plus, there are other small numbers of value like commission, interest etc that I need to take into account when reporting my net value of the account.

So my question is if the ibplugin can retrieve all these historical activities from IB so that I can have a nice automatic reporting module.

Thanks.