Problem with offset pips

Discuss, post questions here about MTIBBridge the MetaTrader-Interactive Brokers trade-copier

Users who just registered, please write an email to
forum@trade-commander.de
with your username mentioned.
So we can distinguish you from bots.
Thank you
danilocapp

Problem with offset pips

Post by danilocapp »

Hi I'm new in this forum, I need to replicate the operation of an EA that runs on MT4 on the IB platform.
Recently the developer has corrected a bug that I reported on the pips offset parameter useful for any price mismatches between the underlying ones.
now the offset level is correctly added or subtracted from the prices between MT4 and TWS.
But I noticed one thing about the market orders placed in mt4 when the value of pips offset is different from 0.
As soon as I enter a market order in the MT4 on the TWS it is executed but immediately closed and the stop and tp order canceled.
with the pip offset at 0 this does not happen.
I would like to know if this is normal or if it can be solved, since even using the pip offset function, it could happen that you have to enter market orders.
I apologize for any inaccuracies in the translation I am using google translator because my English is not very good.
regards.

Danilo Cappelletti

board_admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with offset pips

Post by board_admin »

Can you tell me what IB symbol exactly used for your MT order ? So i can try to reproduce this.
Thank you

danilocapp

Post by danilocapp »

I used EURUSD and USDJPY on MT4 connected with EUR.USD USD.JPY on TWS, the problem occurs when you place a market order from MT4 in which the stop and tp values have not been set and the offset pips value in the Bridge is different from 0.
The order is opened in the tws and closed immediamtamente and the related orders braket stop and tp are rightly canceled
if you want we can connect via Skype or team viewer and can show you what happens in real time ...

for example:

on MT4 open an order buy market 20K € EURUSD sl=0 tp=0 ( bridge offset pips=0) on TWS i find an open position at the market price with very far stop and tp .
is correct

if i place the same order with stop and tp different from 0 is all right.

the issue appear when i place a market order with tp=0 and stop=0 with offsetpips different from 0
in this case on TWS open the position at market price and immediatly close it and delete the braket.

board_admin
Site Admin

Post by board_admin »

Hello,
thank you, there is a bug and it has been fixed.
New version:

http://trade-commander.com/download/1326/

danilocapp

Post by danilocapp »

Thanks now work great!!

danilocapp

Post by danilocapp »

Now the problems apperar on currency order,i see that for example if i put an offset of 1 pip on EURUSD the order opened in the TWS will have an offset of 5 pips.
On future of cfd thereisn't the problem.