How to use MT-IB Order Copier new feature "Create Close Order on Missing Bracket"

Discuss, post questions here about MTIBBridge the MetaTrader-Interactive Brokers trade-copier

Users who just registered, please write an email to
forum@trade-commander.de
with your username mentioned.
So we can distinguish you from bots.
Thank you
aaron_li2k

How to use MT-IB Order Copier new feature "Create Close Order on Missing Bracket"

Post by aaron_li2k »

Dear,

I purchased the SW MTIB order copier and downloaded latest version 2.9.0. There is a new feature called "Create close order on missing bracket".

Can you tell me what's the purpose and how to use it? I did find that sometimes the stop loss and take profit bracket aren't cancelled after a order has been closed. And this creates a big problem for me.

Another problem I found is that when I trade XAUUSD, the order wouldn't be executed after a few hours even though I submitted a market order. Because of this, I can't trade GOLD. After spending hours with IB technical support, they said that this is due to the order copier didn't set the
executed time correctly. Maybe the trade out of regular time isn't enabled. But trading on paper account is OK, this problem only happens on real account. This create a big loss for me last time. Can you check XAUUSD
B.R.
Aaron

board_admin
Site Admin

Re: How to use MT-IB Order Copier new feature "Create Close Order on Missing Bracket"

Post by board_admin »

- bracket
The bracket should be cancelled when order closed.
More over, the stop of the default bracket is used to close a position on MT4.

"Create close order on missing bracket" means that a close order is created
when no bracket have been created, because order normally
closed by stop of bracket.

Can you tell me what MetaTrader version in use ?

- XAUUSD
I could only check on a real account. By default, outside regular trading hours is enabled.
Can you please provide the api.xml from program files\trade-commander.com\mtib order copier\xml

aaron_li2k

Re: How to use MT-IB Order Copier new feature "Create Close Order on Missing Bracket"

Post by aaron_li2k »

Hi,

I am using MT4 Build 1170. (20 Dec 2018).

The SW now I am using is "MetaTrader Bridge - IB edition" Version 2570.

Under the folder you mentioned, there isn't API.xml.

There were two cases that I thought the bracket of stop loss and take profit are closed when the order is closed in MT4 manually. And later when price hit take profit, this triggers another sale. This is my major concern. What should I check for this problem? And how to cancel all bracket order when I close a position manually or by program.

What do you mean "More over, the stop of the default bracket is used to close a position on MT4." How to do it?

B.R.
Aaron

board_admin
Site Admin

Post by board_admin »

Hello Aaron,
sorry for late answer. Got no notification about new message here.
The API.xml is located there when using version 2900.
Perhaps the rth flag is set to false there, what could explain the delay
with gold.

When using MT4 and you allow a default target and stop (Bridge Menu / Setup / Misc / set to 5000 each),
then the close should work without any problem.

Can you please check this out ?

aaron_li2k

Post by aaron_li2k »

Dear sir,

Thanks for your reply. I checked my order raised last night and found that 2 orders are submitted but never executed. Then I checked the order details and found some very stange configurations.

The submitted time is 6-Mar-2019 02:01. But start time is 6-Mar-2019 22:30. Maybe this can explain why.

Is it possible to modify or check what happened inside? This is really a big concern for me. If it is not reliable and stable, I can't use this SW anymore.

I am using the SW: Metatrader bridge - IB edition Version 2570.

B.R.
AaronImage
Attachments
XAUUSD_market_order_6_Mar_2019.png
XAUUSD_market_order_6_Mar_2019.png (46.71 KiB) Viewed 18186 times