How to call and get the "Net Liquidation Value" or "Cash Value" or "Available Funds" of an account??

Discuss, post your questions about TWSLink here.

Users who just registered, please write an email to
forum@trade-commander.de
with your username mentioned.
So we can distinguish you from bots.
Thank you
Rocket130713

How to call and get the "Net Liquidation Value" or "Cash Value" or "Available Funds" of an account??

Post by Rocket130713 »

Hello,

I'm trying to call and get the "Net Liquidation Value" of our 5 sub-accounts combined, how do I do this? This is is code I'm using in our TradeStation EasyLanguage Script but it only returns the "Buying Power" of all accounts combined, instead, I need to get the "Net Liquidation Value" of all accounts combined:

NetLiq = GET_ACC_VAL(12,"","",0);

Is the above line of code correct? If I can't get the "Net Liquidation Value" of all 5 sub-accounts combined, I would like to get the "Cash Value" or "Current Available funds" of all 5 sub-accounts combined instead? Is this possible to do via TWS-Link? What am I doing wrong?

For example, assume I have 5 sub-accounts with $1,000 USD in each sub-account (where all 5 sub-accounts are put into a TWS "Account Group" called "Group1"), I then want to call and get the "Net Liquidation Value" of all 5 accounts "combined" which should return a value of $5,000 USD, to do this I tried using this line of code (but it did not work): NetLiq = GET_ACC_VAL(12,"USD","Group1",0);

The above GET_ACC_VAL code did not work for me, it looks like I'm coding it wrong? Could you please let me know the correct way to code this?

Reason I ask this question is that getting the combined Buying Power of all 5 sub-accounts is not "reliable" as it changes by a large amount at night. For example, during the day buying power is 4 times the account cash value but at night it is only 2 times the account cash value (which is a big difference), so buying power can't be used to set position size (as it changes during the day/night by a very large amount), instead we need to use total combined "Net Liquidation Value" or "Cash Value" or "Current Available funds" of the 5 sub-accounts to set the correct position size i.e. our trading strategy sets position size equal to 1% of account "Net Liquidation Value".

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rod

board_admin
Site Admin

Re: How to call and get the "Net Liquidation Value" or "Cash Value" or "Available Funds" of an account??

Post by board_admin »

I can recommend that batchtester tool to find out such things. Changes are quickly made and tried.

Code: Select all

GET_ACC_VAL(12,"USD","Group1",0);
can't work as Group1 is not evaluated. What happens, when you pass a comma separated string of accounts ?

Code: Select all

GET_ACC_VAL(12,"USD","acc1,acc2,..,accn",0);

Rocket130713

Re: How to call and get the "Net Liquidation Value" or "Cash Value" or "Available Funds" of an account??

Post by Rocket130713 »

Thanks for such a quick response and help. I tried your suggestion: Ret_Acc_Val = GET_ACC_VAL(12,"USD","acc1,acc2,..,accn",0); but it did not work, when I called this function I got a strange Account value returned like $140 million whereas it should be around $6 million.

Please note that calling Net Liq Value for a single account actually worked fine i.e. GET_ACC_VAL(12,"USD","DU886754",0);

I thought if i called GET_ACC_VAL(12,"USD","",0); i should get value of all accounts combined? Is this true? To solve this problem I tried calling REQ_ACC_UPDATE("",1,1000) first and GET_ACC_VAL(12,"USD","",0); second, but it did not work either. Do you know how to solve this problem?

I tried using the Batch Tester but did not understand it very well.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Rod